Myriad rules, regulations, and challenges affect both employers and employees in the workplace. Blankingship & Keith offers practical advice and business solutions to employers of all sizes and industries.
Our Employment Law Team is highly regarded in the region. Members of the team are ranked as leading lawyers in employment law by local and nationally recognized publications, including U.S. News - The Best Lawyers in America, “Top Attorneys” in Arlington Magazine, and “Legal Elite” in Virginia Business Magazine.
Our attorneys represent employers in a wide range of employment matters including:
- preparing employment handbooks;
- shaping company policies for employees;
- advising on drafting employee contracts;
- negotiating severance agreements; and
- protecting employers’ intellectual assets with NDA’s and non-compete agreements.
We also provide representation to employers with respect to matters before the EEOC and local offices of human rights and in litigation in both federal and state courts, including:
- employment claims based on state and federal law, including Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, USERRA, and state and local human rights acts;
- noncompetition, non-solicitation, nondisclosure, and other employment-based restrictive covenants;
- employment agreements, separation agreements, and commission plans;
- business torts, including breach of fiduciary duty, trade secret violations, tortious interference, business conspiracy, and conversion
- employment termination; and
- wage and hour law, including FLSA and state and local wage and hour laws.
In addition to employers, we represent employees in:
- defending against claims of breach of contract;
- employment contracts and separation agreements;
- trade secret violations;
- breach of fiduciary duty;
- tortious interference; and
- business conspiracy.