The civil litigation attorneys at Blankingship & Keith are trial-tested litigators experienced in all areas of civil litigation. We are well-equipped to handle a wide variety of business and personal disputes and are committed to finding the best and most cost-effective solution to each problem. Our team has a wealth of experience with jury and non-jury trials in state and federal courts. We are equally comfortable with alternate dispute resolution, whether by mediation, arbitration, or negotiation. Many cases are settled short of trial, but we believe that our reputation for skill and tenacity in the courtroom is an important asset which helps us achieve favorable outcomes.
Our civil litigation attorneys are professionally recognized by U.S. News - Best Lawyers in “Bet the Company Litigation”, “Commercial Litigation” , “Construction Litigation”, “Real Estate Litigation”, “Professional Malpractice Law-Defendants”, “Trusts and Estates Litigation”, and “Labor and Employment Litigation”; Super Lawyers in “Business Litigation” and “General Litigation”; by Northern Virginia Magazine as “Legal Elite: Alternative Dispute Resolution” and “Civil Litigation”; by Arlington Magazine as “Top Attorneys, Business and Corporate Litigation”; and by Chambers in “General Commercial Litigation”. The team is also recognized by U.S. News – Best Law Firms nationally in “Real Estate Litigation” and “Commercial Litigation” and regionally for “Bet-the Company Litigation”, “Commercial Litigation”, “Real Estate Litigation”, and “Trusts & Estates Litigation”.
We recognize that straight hourly rate billing can present an additional problem for an individual or business faced with litigation. We are willing to consider flexible billing arrangements which are fair to both the client and the firm.
We regularly assist plaintiff and defendant clients with a wide variety of cases, including:
- contract disputes;
- business torts (civil conspiracy, interference with contract, etc.);
- real estate;
- specific performance;
- non-competition agreements;
- trade secret litigation;
- employment disputes;
- resolution of title insurance claims;
- estate and fiduciary matters;
- partnership/corporate control and/or dissolution issues;
- professional negligence; and
SELECTION OF REPORTED CASES
- Susan E. Phillips v. John Mark Rohrbaugh, Jr. 2021 WL 4898511 (Supreme Court of Virginia, 2021)
- Historic Alexandria Foundation v. City of Alexandria, et al., 299 Va. 694, 858 S.E. 2d 199 (2021)
- Shareholder Representative Services, LLC v. Airbus Americas, Inc., 292 Va. 682, 791 S.E.2d 724 (2016)
- Paul Lee, et al. v. Lisa Spoden, 290 Va. 235 (Supreme Court of Virginia, 2015)
- McLean v. Ray, 488 Fed. Appx. 677, 2012 U.S. App. LEXIS 14857 (4th Cir. 2012)
- Minnesota Lawyers Mutual Insurance Co. v. Hancock, et al., 600 F. Supp. 2d 702 (E.D. Va. 2009)
- Middleburg Training Center, Inc. v. Firestone, 477 F.Supp. 2d 719 (E.D. Va. 2007).
- Physicians Comm. For Responsible Med. v. General Mills, Inc. 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 87047 (E.D. Va. 2006)
- Alexakis v. Mallios, 261 Va. 425 (Supreme Court of Virginia, 2001)
- Premier Signatures International, Inc. v. Feld Entertainment Productions, Inc., 1999 U.S. App. LEXIS 14028; Case No. 98-2456 (unpublished opinion) (4th Cir. 1999).
- Leonard v. J.C. Pro Wear, Inc., et al., 64 F.3d 657 (4th Cir. 1995); U.S. App. LEXIS 29888; U.S. App. LEXIS 24340; 1995 - 2 Trade Case P71, 108.
- George Atkisson, et al. v. Wexford Associates, et al. and Wexford Associates, et al. v. George Atkisson, et al., 254 Va. 449, 493 S.E.2d 524 (1997).